Thursday 10 December 2009

Introduction :D

This is evidentially my blog on music. I shall post lyrics, song meanings, favourite bands/artists, favourite songs and possibly more.

Some lyrics will be debatable though I can only give you my opinion on them and im pretty sure that the vast majority are correct. Some lyrics you will not be able to find anywhere else on the internet (I know, I've tried) and so I will attempt to do my best there also.

Also the song meanings are ultimately only my opinion based mainly on the lyrics though some are based on others opinions that I have seen and figured that they make enough sense.

Music History
Until I was about 13 I never really bothered or cared much about music, It was all rubbish to me, though that was probably because most of what I heard was the stuff on the radio and what my parents liked. My brothers on the other hand were into music, so before school I would hear bands like puddle of mud, rammstein, slipknot, etc etc. I would listen to them but only if my brothers were. These kind of bands became embedded and would become important later on ;)

At the age of about 13 my brother played the album "NIRVANA" by nirvana after school one day. I liked it due to it being different, upbeat and vocally idiosyncratic. A few days later I decided to put it on, this being the first real time that I had chosen to put any music on myself and so this quickly decimated my old opinion on music. Shortly after this I had a song stuck in my head, though I hadn't a clue what it was, though fortunately my older brother heard me muttering the song later that night and said it was "Duality-Slipknot" and so I headed over to youtube where I began listening to that and all the other songs I could recall from the years gone by. Slipknot quickly became a favourite of mine though when I got my first MP3 player they weren't present due to me not owning any of their albums/singles. By the time I did have there songs I would tread carefully through their albums only listening to songs that I knew. I had a very callow and tentative attitude towards them and unknown songs, I still however have a semblance of this attitude left in me. █ So at this time I had two main bands that have not changed or been topped since, Nirvana, and slipknot, though I can never decide which one I prefer, and so they are both my favourite band.
Slowly I began listening to the vast majority of musicians that I used to hear every morning. Some of these have been riveted into my musical vitaƩ (Rammstein, KoRn, Drowning Pool), others seemed slightly lack-lustre on iteration (Mushroom Head, Offspring, Limp bizkit) and there are probably more that I am yet to rediscover. (erm......) A monolithic proportion of the bands I listen to are passed down from my brothers, this has caused me to have a somewhat eclectic musical taste; Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Editors, KOL, and preliminarily mentioned bands. Though it doesn't stop there, I must admit to liking SOME of the stuff that I hear on the radio, people like; Duffy or Amy Winehouse for example. Though my taste in music shall be revealed to you as I will mostly only write about songs I like.
With a lot of the bands that my brothers liked I went that step further, where they had listened to the songs that were released I began listening to all the songs and introducing them. So the foundation of what I listen to is there's, the bulk is of my own sleuthing.

This seems to be all I can think of for now though I will probably update this a tad more if I remember something that I have missed.

1 comment: